Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Exploring "faux flowers"

 One of the most trending concepts for wedding flowers are actually not flowers at all. Buttons, heirloom brooches, fabric, feathers and paper flowers can create a variety of textures and add visual interest to a bouquet. Being that I am a florist who specializes in fresh flowers, I thought it would be interesting to see what could be done with mixing mediums, fresh and "faux" alike.

 So that brings me to the picture on the left... The flower shown is a paper rose surrounded by fresh greenery and bound with twine and a single button. Because of implementing the "faux flower" this boutonniere turned out to be quite inexpensive (only $3.00!).

 If you have any questions about designs for your own wedding, send me a message on facebook, twitter or e-mail me at florology@gmail.com.